Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wachusett IPA

This is my last of the Boston beers Anabel brought me and I have to say, I enjoyed each one of them. If I had started my blog sooner they'd all be on here but I guess that just means I'll have to find a way to get my hands on them again. I had the Wachusett IPA at god's, I mean Travis', little get together party. It was a special occasion so I thought I would bring along a fine drink to enjoy along with the great company. Talk about going to Chico's later made me really look forward to it since I have really been craving it. Made me once again think about what beer would be a great pairing with Chico's. I'm thinking a pale ale or a brown ale to complement the tomato sauce and the hops would go well to wash down and soothe the spicy chili.

Anyway back to the beer: this beer smelled very sweet. A flowery, citrus aroma dominates the smell and I'm really looking forward to the first sip since IPA's are one of my favorite beer styles. Wow, sharp hops dominate this beer, much more bitter than I initially expected from the smell. Great brew, it finishes with a malt crispness that balances the overpowering hops nicely. This beer has a ton of flavor and I could taste the hops long after I was done with it. The beer sweetens softly as it warms bringing a well-balanced, hoppy example of the style. Would definitely have this brew again if I could get my hands on it. Any fan of IPA's should sample this one. This will be the first in a string of IPA reviews to follow because I just noticed I have a few in my fridge unintentionally.

1 comment:

Travis said...

gd that sounds amazing. shit made my mouth water brah